This service is provided by the Information & eGovernment Authority (iGA) to individuals, private and public sector entities, and NGOs wishing to issue an amateur radio license with the option to transfer ownership.
Beneficiaryindividuals, private and public sector entities, and NGOs
- Filled application form
- Letter requesting radio amateurs license
- Copy of ID card or passport (for expatriates)
- Copy of residency permit in the Kingdom of Bahrain valid for at least 6 months if the applicant is an expatriate
- Copy of any amateur radio certificates previously awarded to the applicant from other countries (if any)
- Name of equipment, manufacturing company, and model in case the device is imported along with its technical specifications
- Letter from the importing company of wireless devices (if any) detailing all device specifications and quantity required
- Copy of Declaration of Conformity for devices
Once all required documents and information are submitted, the application is reviewed, and all necessary procedures are taken in coordination with relevant authorities. The applicant will be informed in case of approval or rejection following the response of the relevant authorities. The applicant can then pay the required license’s fees and the license will be issued in the case of approval.
30 Dinars application fee
10 Dinars license fee
5 business days (plus approximately 2 months if it requires security approval from the Ministry of Interior)