The value of imports decreased by 23%, reaching BD378 million during July 2020 compared to BD493 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 62% of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 38%.
According to the report, China ranked first when it came to imports to Bahrain, with a total of BD53 million, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia was second with BD27 million; and the Australia was third with BD23 million.
non-agglomerated iron ores and concentrates emerged as the top product imported into Bahrain with a total value of BD27 million, while aluminum oxide was second with BD21 million, and heat exchange units third with BD10 million.
The value of exports of national origin decreased by 12% to BD202 million during July 2020, compared to BD230 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 74% of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 26%.
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing BD40 million from Bahrain. Meanwhile, Sultanate of Oman was second with BD24 million and the Malaysia third with BD19 million.
Unwrought aluminum (not alloyed) emerged as the top products exported during July 2020 with BD41 million, Unwrought aluminum alloys was second with a value of BD32 million and Agglomerated iron ores and concentrates third with BD19 million.
The total value of re-exports decreased by 46% to reach BD41 million during July 2020, compared to BD76 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 87% of the re-exported value, while the remaining countries accounted for the 13%. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ranked first with BD13 million, United Arab Emirates second with BD7 million, and the United States of America third with BD6 million.
Parts for aero planes the top product re-exported from Bahrain with BD3.1 million, four-wheel drive cars came in second place with BD3 million, and cigarettes containing tobacco came third with BD2.6 million.
The trade balance, difference between exports and imports, the value of the deficit of the trade balance reached BD135 million during July of 2020 versus BD188 million for the same month of the previous year with a decrease of 28%.
For more details, please visit the foreign trade page on the Bahrain Open Data Portal www.data.gov.bh