This service is provided by the Information & eGovernment Authority (iGA) to private sector entities wishing to issue a type approval license for Telecommunication and short-range devices.
BeneficiaryPrivate sector entities
- Filled application form
- Detailed technical description of wireless devices and associated units, including frequencies that can be tuned or used
- Reports of Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), safety and radio frequency compliance tests from internationally accredited laboratory.
- Letter requesting of type approval license and authorization of a local company.
- Official letter from the authorized local representative company or enterprise.
- Declaration of Conformity certificate from manufacturing company
- Type approval certificates from other countries (if any)
Once all required documents and information are submitted, the application is reviewed, and all necessary procedures are taken. The applicant will be informed in case of approval or rejection following the response of the relevant authorities. The applicant can then pay the required fees and the license will be issued in case of approval.
70 Dinars for short-range devices, 120 Dinars for radio-communication devices
Up to 5 business days